My name is Sabrina, I am 37 and I live in London. Also Mum to my gorgeous and outgoing Fifi, aged 7. I currently work in the field of mental health as an advocate. Many moons ago I graduated with a BA (hons) in psychology and sociology from Lancaster University.
This blog is a reflection of my personal attitudes, values, views and my experience of the world, my decision to start blogging was based around a number of things.
Until recently I had never paid any real attention to the blogging world however I recently stumbled across one which captured my attention while searching for a recipe for marshmallow twizzlers (that’s fancy for lollies) for Fifi’s 5th birthday ‘www.secretdiaryofafashionjournalist.com’, out of this my interest grew.
Although I found many of these blogs great, what I noticed about the types of blogs that I was reading (and which I enjoyed most, I might add!) was that they were predominantly written by young twenty something’s (or younger).
Of course there is nothing wrong with this (I wish my head was that screwed on in my teens and twenties) but it just got me thinking that perhaps I could offer the blogging world another perspective on things and that my thoughts, ramblings, views and creations might provide some interest to someone out there in cyber space.
However I finally decided to take action and do something about it rather than sitting on my laurels after reading ’15 reasons I think you should blog’ by Joshua Becker, it was both motivating and inspiring!
My life can at times feel mundane and I have the tendency to get caught up in the hum drum of life without giving anything that happens or anything I do any proper consideration.
For some time I have been trying to practise the art of ‘mindfulness’ and giving purposeful meaning to the things (even the little things) that I do on a daily basis. I believe that blogging will help me to achieve this.
I am also looking forward to perhaps making new friends and receiving feedback (positive or negative) from others about my experiences of our world!
When I am not blogging, I:
- am first and foremost Mum to Princess Fifi
- work as a Mental Health Advocate
- do some form of exercise five times per week, I cycle everywhere and I try and get in the gym at least three times per week.
- try to eat and live well. I have recently banished junk from my diet however if I feel like the odd cake then I shall have one. YOLO (you only live once!) and I believe that if you exercise you really can ‘have your cake and it eat it’.
- undertake various DIY jobs around my home. From now on I will detail any new projects with step by step instructions under the ‘My DIY’ tab.
- am always on the look out for a bargain but I am trying my very hardest to be more careful with my spending.
- have just begun to develop an interest and love for my garden. It is currently in a state but watch out for my posts on the things I grow.
Are there any questions that you want to ask me? If so please see my contact page. If not, then that’s all for now folks!